Licence conditions of WIEN2k
P. Blaha, K. Schwarz, G. K. H. Madsen, D. Kvasnicka and J. Luitz
Prof. Dr. Karlheinz Schwarz
Vienna University of Technology
Inst. of Materials Chemistry
A-1060 Vienna, Getreidemarkt 9/165
In the following, the term ``the authors'', refers to P. Blaha, K.
Schwarz, G. K. H. Madsen, D. Kvasnicka and J. Luitz at the above address. ``Program''
shall mean that copyrighted APW+LO code (in source and object form)
comprising the computer programs known as WIEN2k or the graphical
user interface w2web.
I will adhere to the following conditions upon receipt of
- All title, ownership and rights to the program or to copies
of it remain with the authors, irrespective of the ownership
of the media on which the program resides.
- I will not supply a copy of the code to anyone for any reason
whatsoever. This in no way limits my making copies of the code
for backup purposes, or for running on more than one computer
system at my institution (it is a site license for the registered group).
I will refer any request for copies
of the program to the authors.
- I will not incorporate any part of WIEN2k or w2web into any
other program system, without prior written permission of the
- I will keep intact all copyright notices.
- I understand that the authors supply WIEN2k and w2web and its
documentation on an ``as is'' basis without any warranty, and thus
with no additional responsibility or liability. I agree to report
any difficulties encountered in the use of WIEN2k or w2web to the
- In any publication in the scientific literature I will reference
the program as follows:
P. Blaha, K. Schwarz, G. Madsen, D. Kvasnicka and J. Luitz, WIEN2k,
An Augmented Plane Wave + Local Orbitals Program
for Calculating Crystal Properties
(Karlheinz Schwarz, Techn. Universität Wien, Austria),
2001. ISBN 3-9501031-1-2
Please enter your publications with WIEN2k on our web-page for ``papers'', so
that they are included in the list of WIEN-publications.
- It is understood that modifications of the WIEN2k or the
w2web code can lead to problems where the authors may not be able
It would be appreciated if useful modifications or major extensions
are reported to the authors.
- I understand that support for running the program can not be
provided in general, except on the basis of a joint project between
the authors and the research partner.