Adding a new dimension to DFT calculations of solids ...
15th WIEN2k - W O R K S H O P
L/APW+lo calculations with the WIEN2k code
March 26-29, 2008
Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Chairman: K.Schwarz (TU Wien)
This workshop is aimed at anyone who wants to learn how density
functional calculations can be done for solids using the
"(full-potential) Augmented Plane Wave and local orbitals"
method (L/APW+lo) as embodied in the WIEN2k code.
Presently this code is used by more than 1200 groups worldwide.
The workshop targets on both, the new and unexperienced user who wants
to get familiar with WIEN2k, as well
as the experienced user who wants to hear more about some
advanced topics and can present his own results.
For more information on WIEN2k see the WIEN2k
Topics of the workshop
Part I (mainly for new users): 26. and 27. March
- Introduction to density functional theory
- Introduction to the APW method, the local orbitals and the linearization
- Concepts of APW+lo in WIEN2k
- Use of the web-based graphical user interface (w2web)
- "Hands-on" calculations with the WIEN2k code
Part II (also for experienced researchers): 28.
and 29. March
- Advanced topics and new features in WIEN2k (non-linear optics,
non-collinear magnetism, phonons, beyond DFT ... )
- Results obtained by WIEN2k and related topics (contributions by
- Poster session
- discussions and exchange of experience between users and developers
Here you can see the detailed
Date: March 25-29, 2003
Arrival:Tuesday, March 25 (registration from 4 to 7 p.m., informal
- Begin of workshop: Wednesday morning (March 26 at 9 a.m.)
- End of workshop: Saturday late noon (March 29)
- Departure: Sunday, March 30
Social event: Friday evening, March 28, 2008
- "Heuriger":(Viennese wine tavern; included in registration
- The conference will take place at the TU Wien
- (Vienna University of Technology)
- Located near the center of the city (see map).
- TU Wien
- 1040 Vienna
- Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8 ("yellow" area in 2nd floor)
- A Computer room for about 50 persons has been reserved.
MAKE YOUR OWN RESERVATION
Click here for a list of recommended hotels
of various price categories. Early reservation is highly recommended.
Please register using the following REGISTRATION
Deadlines: please register as soon as possible
but before March 10, 2008
regular fee:: 180 Euro
accompanying person: 40 Euro
The fee should be paid
- in cash at the workshop (prefered)
- by Creditcard (VISA or Mastercard only): Please send a fax (or email) to
+43-1-5880115698 or firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information:
- type of card
- name of cardholder
- expiration date
- by bank money transfer to
- Beneficiary K.Schwarz
- Account number 025-64793
- Erste Bank (BLZ 20111)
- Wiedner Hauptstraße 20
- A-1040 Vienna, Austria
- IBAN (intern. bank account nr.) AT19 2011 1000 02564793
©2001 by P. Blaha and K. Schwarz